Monday, February 06, 2006

Yes I am Certifiable

I just about lost it and I though my dh was going to actually call the men with the white coats to come and take me away last Friday! I was so out of it from the long week on midnight shift with literally no work to do and the little bit I had to do was done my my colleague. I was so out of sorts and feeling like a train ran me over I even had a nap on Friday! OK something I never do unless I have to work Friday night right??? Anyways after sleeping just about around the clock I found I had enough energy to try to be a person again sometime Saturday... at least I think it was Saturday. I have to give credit where credit is due and even I wonder sometimes how the hell my dh puts up with me! So after another night of OMG what am I going to do with myself ovenight for another week of nothing to do on midnights, I decided ya I am just crazy enough to make some some cool bright awesome looking "Cheer Me Up" socks! AND I am even crazier to enter into the Knitting Olympics with my event being completely continental knitted socks after so many years of non knitting status and relearning the "KNIT" thing to boot! So to justify my really awesome choice of Spring colour Moda Dea Sassy Stripes, I counter balanced my purchase with another pair of socks worth of Swish colour Moda Dea Sassy Stripes for my wonderful DH. Won't he be so pleased I am making him socks too! :) Ok so now I am doing research on how to work socks on two circs. I dunno yet if I am going to actually do this but it looks interesting. I would love it if i could get both pairs made in the 16 days of the Olympics but I am setting my goal at one pair complete from cast on to finished ends. That seems a much more realisticly plausible goal for me since I am still just learning continental method and also haven't knit in almost 10 years.
So this is my task I have set upon myself. To have a new pair of socks for me in just over two weeks and possibly a pair for Dh too! All this of course after I finish my Booger! ROFL!

Current WIP: base of Booger done and started on the sides. Ran into trouble with awkwardness over an over-large circ so new circ was sought out this morning. Will transfer WIP to new shorter circ and continue tonight. Booger MUST be finished before Olympics start! THIS IS A MUST!!!!
****** see told ya i'm totally gone! absolutely and completely NUTS!!!!! ******
ROFLROFLROFL

No comments: